GMA’s Free Summer Concert Series in Central Park
The concerts are held on Friday mornings at Rumsey Playfield, which is located on the East Side of Central Park, at 71st Street.
The concerts runs from 7:00 to 9:00 in the morning.
The GMA website suggests that audience members arrive at Rumsey Playfield via Central Park’s 72nd Street entrance at 6:00 a.m., when the park opens to the public.
Concert admittance is on a first-come-first-served basis. No tickets are required for most of the concerts. However, The 2017 Chainsmokers concert on June 9th does require a ticket, which you can get free, online through the 1iota website.
The 2017 GMA Summer Concert Series kicked off this morning with a performance by Green Day. See the full 2017 concert calendar below.
2017 GMA Summer Concerts in Central Park:
- May 19 – Green Day
- May 26 – Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
- June 2 – Fifth Harmony
- June 9 – The Chainsmokers (ticket required)
- June 16 – The Lumineers
- June 23 – Little Big Town
- June 30 – Bebe Rexha (this concert at the GMA Times Square Studio)
- July 7 – Big Sean
- July 14 – Lady Antebellum
- July 21 – Zedd featuring Alessia Cara
- July 28 – Imagine Dragons
- August 4 – Linkin Park
- August 11 – Bleachers
- August 18 – Eric Church
- August 25 – Paramore
- September 1 – Jason Derulo
- Date TBD – Dierks Bentley
Visit the GMA website for 2017 concert series details.