Discount Tickets for ABT at the Met
There are three discount ticket options for 2017 American Ballet Theatre performances at the Met in New York City.
- Rush Tickets – ABT is offering a limited number of $30 Rush tickets for every ABT performance of the 2017 Met Season, except the gala performance. Rush tickets are available online on a first come, first served basis. Rush ticket purchases will require registering at the Met website in advance. The rush tickets for Monday – Friday performances and Saturday evening performances go on sale at noon on the day of the performance. Rush tickets for matinee performances go on sale four hours before curtain. Rush tickets page.
- Week-of-Performance Discounts – You may be able to obtain discount tickets on the week of performance at the Zuker Box Office at the Lincoln Center’s Rubenstein Atrium. The box office is open Tuesday – Saturday and sells tickets to select Lincoln Center performances at a 25% to 50% discount. Zucker Box office hours and information.
- Standing Room – Standing Room Tickets go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on the day of the performance. Standing room tickets are available for the back of the Orchestra section and, if the Family Circle section is sold out, standing room tickets are available at the back of that section also. The Orchestra section standing room tickets are $35 and the Family Circle standing room tickets are $25. Standing room tickets for most shows may be purchased at the box office, by phone, or online. Standing room tickets for Saturday matinees are only available at the box office or by phone.
The American Ballet Theatre performs at the Metropolitan Opera House, 30 Lincoln Center Plaza, June 1 – July 8, 2017.
Here’s a forum with some good posts about the best seating sections for ballet at the Met: Where to sit at the Met.
If you’re planning on spending the night in NYC, here’s a map of hotels closest to the Met at Lincoln Center.
- It’s easier to get rush tickets for weekday performances than for weekend performances.
- The Family Circle is in the highest balcony section of the theater. This is where the least expensive regular tickets can be found, with prices ranging from $22 to $40.
- The Family Circle section is most apt to sell out for weekend performances. When that section sells out, there will be $25 Family Circle standing room tickets available beginning at 10:00 a.m. on the day of the performance.
- Seats in the Balcony Boxes (they’re on the sides of the theater) are just $30, but the view is obstructed and you’ll be looking at the stage from an odd angle.
- To purchase standing room tickets online, go the the calendar view at the Met’s website, select that day’s performance, choose “Orchestra” or “Family Circle” and look for dots all the way in the back of the theater, behind the last row of seats. If there are red dots, that means there are standing room tickets available for purchase. Click on a red dot to proceed with your ticket purchase.
Subscribe to the NYC Cheap Travel Newsletter and stay up-to-date on the latest NYC deals and money-saving travel information.
Broadway Shows Discount List – Multiple discount offers for current shows, all in one place.